Find the best spots along our courses to make some noise and cheer on runners.
Spectators are a vital part of creating an exciting race atmosphere in Akron. Whether you’re here in support of one particular runner, or present to cheer on the masses, be sure to check out our spectator hot spots for enjoyable experiences throughout the Akron Marathon Rubber City Race Series!
Akron Marathon, Half Marathon, & Team Relay
The Akron Marathon will start at 217 S. High Street at 7:00 a.m. With a downtown start, spectators have great opportunities to see the runners from various points that require very little walking.
- Start watching the race north of the Start Line located at 217 S. High Street
- After the start, take a leisurely stroll one block east to Broadway and head south to University. Here you’ll be able to see runners just after mile 6.
- Head south on Broadway to Exchange St; to see runners at mile 8.
- Walk one block west to the west side of High Street to see the runners come back through the Start Line near mile 12
- Walk one more block west to S. Main St. and enter Canal Park Stadium. Head to the Family Reunion Area, sections 1-5, for a great view of the Finish Line and wait for your family and friends to rejoin you here.
Please note: Spectators are not permitted into runners-only areas, including on the field, on the Diamond Boardwalk, or past section 19 on the stadium concourse.
Help us keep our runners pumped up along the courses!
We love to feature local entertainment groups along out course! Whether you want to showcase your band’s talents, put together a cheer group, or host a Blue Line block party, please contact us!