Partners & PLaces
Whether you are beginning or have been running for years, join our training partners to fine tune your training.
Akron Marathon Training 101 (YMCA)
Throughout this training program, you will have the opportunity to attend workshops that will inform you on proper shoe fitting, nutrition, and injury prevention. These workshops will provide you with the knowledge you need to enhance your training and racing experience. The pre- and post-training fitness assessments will show how all your hard work impacted your health and fitness. In addition, there will be training runs supported by the Akron Marathon Rubber City Race Series and key races to help prepare you for running 26.2 miles or 13.1 miles along the Blue Line. For more information, please visit the Akron Marathon Training 101 program webpage.
Northeast Ohio Fit
Whether you are a couch-potato, walker, casual jogger, or marathon veteran, this marathon training program is the most enjoyable, most inspiring, and most efficient way to get in the best shape of your life. Upon joining, you will receive day-by-day training schedules, Saturday morning group runs, access to trained coaches, informational seminars and a NEO Fit marathon training t-shirt as well as a discounted race entry. NEO Fit meets in Brecksville to run in the beautiful Cuyahoga Valley National Park, which is centrally located between Cleveland and Akron. Our members come from all over Northeast Ohio. For more information, please visit the NEO Fit website.
Places to train
Enjoy your runs with a local running group or check out the scenic beauty of nearby trails.
Group Run Opportunities
- Summit Athletic Running Club – Sundays @ 8am
- Crooked River Trail Runners – Thursdays @ 6:30pm
- Second Sole Akrun – Saturdays @ 8am
- Portage Lakes Running Club – Tuesdays @ 6:30pm
- Green YMCA Running Club – Mondays @ 6:00pm, Saturdays @ 8am
- Medina County Road Runners – Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6pm, Sundays @ 7am
- Wooster Running Club – Wednesdays @ 6pm, Saturdays @ 8am
- Jackson Running Group – Various Days
- Cleveland Southeast Runners Club - Saturdays 8am
- Cleveland West Road Runners Club - Thursdays 6pm, Saturdays 7:30am, Sundays 8am
- Ohio Running Network
Places to Train
- Summit Metro Parks
- Cuyahoga Valley National Park
- The Towpath Trail
- Cleveland Metroparks
- Stark County Parks
- Portage County Parks